While thinking of renovating your home, Direct Pro Windows and Doors suggests you take care of a few things that will not only ensure quality results but will also give a sleek, sophisticated and modern look to the home. After reading this article, you will be in a better position to select windows and doors along with identifying a professional installation company to hire.
Features of A Specialized Installation Company
Although the quality and customer satisfaction would be equal for many firms, the only difference that works as a wall among these companies is how efficient and professional they are in installing the windows and doors. The key factors that you should find in a company are:
- Experience in the business
- Whether the company is a producer or distributor
- Core areas of expertise
- Does the company offers installation services or outsource to someone else?
- Warranty and maintenance services for the products
- Would they be able to honor the warranty in future?
Other Factors that will help you in selecting an installation company for windows and doors include:
- Pay attention to the service providers that subcontract their projects. If a company does this, don’t forget to get insurance liability coverage and proper WSIB (workers’ compensation) so as to be sure that if anything happens, the company and their sub-contractor will compensate the loss.
- Go with a company that has specialized installers so that they can easily handle any type of installation, no matter what sort of windows and doors you have. They should have a satisfactory track record in completing projects with maximum client satisfaction.
- Apart from installation, the installer should handle products carefully and try not to damage furniture and flooring. They should insulate the gaps between the structure and the frame, seal existing vapor barriers, water and air sealing with caulking, cleaning up working areas and installing the interior trim.
- Keep in mind that if your company has hired sub-contractors, they might leave a lien on the home. The situation especially arises when you are having a dispute with the service provider.
- Insist the contractor give estimates in written along with the projected time in order to avoid confusion in the future.
- Ask for a demo or example of how your project will be carried out. For example, if the company plans to start with the upper floor, you should know about that so as to arrange things as needed.
- Although the installers will take care of your belongings, window coverings, and furnishings, you should do something on your own to make them safe and secured from damages.
- Ask about the place where the company will keep your windows and doors.
- Before hiring a company, find out their post-installation and after-sales services. Sub-contractors are paid per successful installation so if you encounter any problem in the future, they will not in a position to help you.
After evaluating different companies on these tips, you will find Direct Pro Windows and Doors as we have specialized staff with all the required tools and equipment.